11.4.13

well, hello there!

Source: FlavorWire

Well, I suppose I should start off this blog by introducing myself. My name is Tara. I'm currently a fourteen-year-old sophomore living in Dubai, U.A.E. Yes, it's a pretty awesome city. You've probably heard of it. It's home to the tallest building in the world. I can actually see it from my bedroom window. I love to read, write and act. My favourite TV shows are Castle, Once Upon A Time, and Doctor Who. In terms of favourite movies and books, I have far too many to list.

This is my blog (I can just see you saying 'no, really!?'). I decided to create this blog because I wanted a platform to voice my thoughts and ideas, as well as to develop my writing skills. As you may have read in the description (that's on the right), I write about topics that could range from socially relevant issues, to drama (because I'm a drama geek, get over it), to anything else that catches my attention. Expect actual posts soon.

So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

7 comments:

  1. Dubai! I want to go there - it sounds so cool. Your blog looks really good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dubai is an awesome place (:

      Delete
  2. So I was just scrolling through your posts then- BAM! Introduction. I was super surprised- your blog had such a lovely natural flair and style that I really thought you had been doing it for years! Anyway, what I really wanted to say 1) Dubai- that is pretty awesome 2) I'm also a massive drama geek- high five sister ;)

    (And I normally don't sound this perky and over-complementarity. Don't know what's got into me today. Must be the soup)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha, thank you so much! Yay for drama geeks! :D

      Delete
    2. Woo! What's the theatre like over in Dubai? I've always assumed it must be pretty awesome, what with (at least my perception of) Dubai being the centre for the super rich from a range of cultures. :)

      Delete
    3. Haha, actually performing arts is still developing in Dubai and the entire region. So it's not pretty awesome yet, but several people see great things for the future. Dubai isn't really the centre for the super rich- most people here are pretty normal- but there are people from a range of cultures. The cultural diversity is probably one of my favourite things about living here.

      Delete
    4. It does sound amazing there :) Where I live there isn't much cultural diversity- and where there is people tend to stick together :(

      Delete